MT. Davis, Pennsylvania
The Department of Forests and Waters was created in 1923 to consolidate the functions of the Department of Forestry, the Water Supply Commission, and the Bureau of Topographic and Geologic Survey. An outgrowth of the Office of Forest Commissioner, established in the Department of Agriculture in 1895, the Department was responsible for the acquisition and management of state forest lands, the development of state parks, the improvement of waterways, the protection of the Commonwealth's water supply, the supervision of flood control projects, and the protection of state and private forest lands.
Simon McKenzie and crew.
Simon was a Forest ranger in the 1940's and 50's.
Some of the crew members include: Joe Dickey, Jim Dickey, Richard Kemp, and Vernon Kemp.
Photographs taken at the Civilian Conservation Corps Camp on Mt. Davis
Photographs donated by Michael McKenzie
|Boynton: A brief history and photographs of Boynton||Postcards of Boynton Page One|
|Postcards of Boynton Page Two||Postcards of Boynton Page Three|
|Postcards of Boynton Page Four||Mt. Davis: Forest Ranger|
|Old Map: 1876 Area Map||Elk Lick Township|
|Mt. Davis Pennsylvania: Dedication ceremony|